Note from 23rd October 2020
- Haroen Viaeneyou could add an event listener to the focus of the input, but then the initial search is going to be delayed by quite a bit
- Nicolas HoizeyI could use the hover instead of focus to be a little more responsive, even if there would be some false positives.
- Haroen Viaenemodern would be `import().then`, but if you're not using modules in production, I'd go with a simple loadScript function like this: stackoverflow.com/a/54032144/318…
- Nicolas HoizeyBTW, I didn't manage including algoliasearch and autocomplete.js in my Rollup build:
- Haroen ViaeneWould you be able to try out the upcoming major version which is a full rewrite? algolia-autocomplete.netlify.app
- ShipowPlease, say yes @nhoizey ^^ 💍
- Nicolas HoizeyWell, I'm planning to remove it and use instantsearch instead… 😅
- Haroen ViaeneAlso good :D although for a query-mostly / autocomplete flow, your experience today will be better with autocomplete, when you have many facets & filters, InstantSearch is better
- Nicolas HoizeyIf there's an easy migration path (tutorial), I could test it, of course.
I've been using Algolia for free for years, time to give a little back! 😘
- Haroen Viaenewe don't have as many guides as we should yet, so it's best to start from scratch over migrating. TL;DR: update dependencies, read algolia-autocomplete.netlify.app/docs/getting-s… and algolia-autocomplete.netlify.app/docs/autocompl…. If you want we can do a 1:1 call some time as well so we know what to focus on in docs
- Nicolas HoizeyI'll try to do it soon, but it's not top priority.
You can subscribe to this issue to know when I do it: