Could a MacBook Pro replace a Mac mini?
I'm fed up with waiting for an updated Mac mini, but I need to replace one that is 10 years old (yes, 10 years!), so I'm considering other options.
I know Tim Cook said back in October 2017 that Apple plans to keep the Mac mini in it's product line:
I'm glad you love Mac mini. We love it too. Our customers have found so many creative and interesting uses for Mac mini. While it is not time to share any details, we do plan for Mac mini to be an important part of our product line going forward.
But nobody knows if/when this hypothetical new Mac mini will actually be available.
And I don't want to buy current Mac minis.
So I'm wondering if a MacBook Pro 13" could be an alternative.
As I see it, there are pros and cons:
- Newer hardware, with more power
- Added mobility, sometimes useful
- Opportunity to use two screens, instead of just the big one currently plugged to my Mac mini
- Requires more space, even if a vertical dock from Henge Docks can help
- Or, if used open to get two screens, need to use the MacBook's keyboard and trackpad instead of current keyboard and mouse?
- A new Mac mini released later this year could be better than current MacBook Pro
Well, if you have any advice on this, I'm listening!
Lapeyre, y'en a pas deux. J'espère !